Food poisoning is a dangerous thing to have in normal circumstances; it is a disaster if you get it during pregnancy. If you do not teat it properly, you will not only hurt yourself but also your unborn child.
Although food poisoning generally does not have any adverse effect on your baby, it can sometimes cause a miscarriage, premature childbirth, or even death of the newborn child. So in order to avoid such extreme circumstance, here are some tips to avoid food poisoning all together.
Tips For Eating Regularly During Pregnancy
- Wash your vegetables and fruits – to avoid contracting listeria (a bacteria that can cause food poisoning with severe side effects), wash the vegetables and fruits thoroughly before eating raw or while making salads
- Keep a good level of personal hygiene – wash your hands before you eat and after going to the bathroom
- Avoid unpasteurised milk – they also can contain listeria
- Shop and store safely – choose proper shops that serve foods in a proper manner to avoid bacteria-contaminated food
- Consult your Physician – if you unfortunately catch a bug, go straight to your doctor so you can take the correct path of healing
- Keep yourself hydrated – since food poisoning normally leads to vomiting and diarrhoea, remember to stay hydrated!
If you would like more information on this topic or get the source URL for this article, then email us at [email protected]