In a recent post I discussed a scenario in which poor use of gloves and a cloth could lead to food poisoning. Prior to that I discussed excuses made for bad practices. This footage was the basis of my series of posts.
I was asked how wiping a sandwich bench down with a cloth could give someone food poisoning. Here’s my simple scenario, and it really is just a matter of time.
One common defence for bad food safety is “no-one has ever had food poisoning here”. Case in point was the use of gloves and a cloth. Let’s explore this a bit more and work out how bad you have to be before you do give them food poisoning.
Today I watched some shocking hand hygiene and glove use in a local café. When I discussed it with the business owner, I was amazed at how many of the standard food safety excuses came up. I could almost number them off.
A great Christmas tradition is the roast turkey in the middle of the Christmas banquet. And since it is a recipe that we only tackle once a year, it requires more knowledge into how to cook this dish. So that
ISO 22000 is a standard developed by the International Organization for Standardization dealing with food safety. Since 2005, this is the first update it has gotten! Get acquainted with the newest update to this standard. It is a great way
Another food recall has been made and this time it involves apple pies. The recall was made late yesterday afternoon.
Australian dried apricots were recalled last night. South Australia Health announced the recall following two complaints.
Many producers know the importance of compressed air in the food production process. Despite its importance, it is very easy for people to neglect the food safety of this system. It is one of the places that can cause cross-contamination
Cos lettuce is a popular choice for many of us. They play a crucial part in a good Cesar salad. But they seem to have caused a quite a stir in regards to food safety.
Welcome to the fourth international food safety round up for the year! What’s been happening around the globe?
All Aldi customers beware. There are a number of lines of potentially hazardous foods that have bad seals which allow bacteria to enter, and the modified air to escape. The use-by date is meaningless, and they should be recalled. Instead they are still on the shelf.
Our second last Friday before summer comes. There is no better time to wrap up our summer food safety series! This week, we look into how food should be served.
Recently we discovered our curry and rice dish getting streaks in it. Turns out the culprit may be chromobacterium subtsugae. Are consumers aware of it?
3 weeks ago we found this… Imagine our surprise when we found black spots and streaks through 5 ready-to-serve dishes we had in our fridge. ALL OF THEM WERE CONTAMINATED! Also, this was across two different types of curries. It
The answer? Time. As summer approaches and we all start heading out to barbecues and picnics, it’s important to understand one of the basics of food safety: food + time = bacteria. In a recent case in North Carolina,
It is important to have a sound Food Safety Management System (FSMS). According to the International Standard ISO 22003, FSMS is defined as a set of interrelated elements that establish policy and objectives. With the aim to achieve objectives some
The ‘needle in strawberry’ scandal hit many Australians hard around two months ago. Now, the culprit has been found.
Detectable products can help business discover a contamination in their product. After the strawberry needle scandal that plagued Australia last month (read more here), we all need this reminder. This web seminar will help food businesses figure out what product
Nothing says ‘Aussie summer’ than throwing a barbie. But the rising thermostat can cause bacterial growth in our food. Without the proper food safety procedures, it can lead to foodborne illneses! In the second part of the Summer Food Safety