GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) has been a big topic of debate for the past few years, especially since the rise of the organic movement in society and culture. Questions of environmental consciousness to the health benefits of eating GM food are only some of the topics that have been raised, not only on a local but on an international scale. This week’s web seminar explores all the questions you might have about genetically modified food and the food safety issues regarding this product.
A Summary of Web Seminar GMO & Food Safety
This webinar presents an introduction to Genetically Modified Organisms and Foods; including:
– What are genetically modified (GM) organisms and GM foods?
– Why are GM foods produced?
– Are GM foods assessed differently from traditional foods?
– How are the potential risks to human health determined?
– What are the main issues of concern for human health?
– What are the issues of concern for the environment?
– Are GM foods safe?
– What kind of GM foods are on the market internationally?
– Have GM products on the international market passed a risk assessment?
– What further developments can be expected in the area of GMOs?
This is part of the IFSQN webinar series on food safety