The British Retail Consortium (BRC) has released a new Global Standard for Food Safety recently. This webinar will go through how to implement the topics raised in Issue 8, which are:
- encouraging development of product safety culture
- expanding the requirements for environmental monitoring to reflect the increasing importance of this technique
- encouraging sites to further develop systems for security and food defence
- adding clarity to the requirements for high-risk, high-care and ambient high-care production risk zones
- providing greater clarity for sites manufacturing pet food
- ensuring global applicability and bench-marking to the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)
History of the BRC
The BRC Global Standard focuses on:
- The importance of management commitment.
- Hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) based food safety programmes.
- Quality management systems.
- Auditing good manufacturing processes – it’s not just a paperwork audit.
- Auditing areas which often have the highest rate of product recalls and withdrawals, such as labelling and packing.
- Developing systems to reduce exposure to food fraud.
- Ensuring consistency of the audit process.
- Providing a BRC Global Standard that is portable enough to allow Additional Modules to be added to reduce audit burden.
- Promoting greater resilience, transparency and traceability in the supply chain
Web Seminar Summary of BRC Issue 8 – Root and Branch Review and How to Address the Requirements
This session will look in detail at the new BRC Food Standard and how best to address the new requirements. Top tips to save you time and stress.
International Food Safety & Quality Network (IFSQN)
This is part of the IFSQN webinar series